Chad J. Wythers
402-466-8444 (Lincoln Office)
402-763-8877 (Omaha Office)
Chad J. Wythers attended the University of Nebraska (B.A. 1996) and the University of Nebraska, College of Law (J.D., 2001).
Chad is a member of the Nebraska State Bar Association, the Nebraska Criminal Defense Attorney Association (NCDAA), the Lincoln, Bar Association, and the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL). He is admitted to practice law in the State of Nebraska; the United States District Court, District of Nebraska; the United States Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit; and the United States Court of Appeals for Veterans' Claims. Chad is also a member of California Attorneys for Criminal Justice, the Oregon Criminal Defense Lawyers Association and the Colorado Criminal Defense Bar.
The primary focus of Chad's career has been in the areas of criminal defense and general civil law. He has also helped several veterans obtain disability benefits from the Veterans' Administration.
Chad handles all state and federal criminal cases. He is experienced in handling felonies and misdemeanors, including sex crimes, rape, sexual assaults, while collar crimes, money laundering, drug possession and trafficking cases, computer and internet crimes, child pornography crimes, driving under the influence of alcohol (DUI), assault and theft.
Chad is one of the few local attorneys certified by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and the International Association of Chiefs of Police for DWI Detection and Standardized Field Sobriety Testing. The certification provides Mr. Wythers with the in-depth knowledge necessary to challenge the results of field sobriety tests.
Areas of Practice
- Federal Criminal Defense
- State Criminal Defense
- Interstate 80 Drug Stops
- Drug Crimes
- Computer Crimes
- General Civil Litigation
- Veterans' Disability Benefits
- U.S. District Court District of Nebraska
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims
- University of Nebraska College of Law, Lincoln, Nebraska
- J.D. - 2001
- University of Nebraska
- B.A. - 1996
Honors and Awards
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Trial Lawyers
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- Nebraska Criminal Defense Attorney's Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Association of Federal Defense Attorneys
- Lincoln Independent Business Association
- Lincoln Bar Association
- California Attorneys for Criminal Justice
- Oregon Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Colorado Criminal Defense Bar